Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Night In Paradise...






Zach and I will be married for 7 years on Monday, and to celebrate, I suprised him with a night away at a beautiful resort. My Uncle Alan and Aunt Judy took the kids for the night (thank you thank you thank you!!!!), and after we dropped them off, I had Zach put on a blindfold, and drove us to the Arizona Biltmore (I found a great deal on this website called Travel Zoo!) He was so suprised when we pulled up and I told him he could look. He was like, "Are we staying here!? Seriously?!" He was like a little kid the whole time- he was so excited. At one point, he said he wished he could split himself in two because there were so many things to do, and we only had one night to do them in! It was funny. We didn't even have to leave for dinner or breakfast because with our room stay included an hour devours and coctail hour, and then dessert last night. And this morning there was a beautiful continental breakfast. It was so awesome. We just thoroughly enjoyed each other's company! We went and laid out by the pool, went down the water slide, swam a bit, then cleaned up for dinner, and went down and ate and just sat and talked and laughed together. I'm sure this doesn't suprise anyone, but we met some new friends- Zach is always so social anywhere we go. :) Then we went to enjoy part of a concert- Esteban, this amazing guitarist, was there playing last night (and is there tonight if anyone is interested- it's open to the public). Then we went and had some s'mores in the garden area. I ate SO much last night! Then we went back up to our room and watched a movie and ordered pizza late- but by the time it got there, I was so asleep. I woke up long enough to eat a piece (big mistake, I was already so full! but how often do we get to do that? I know that's a terrible reason to eat...) We slept in, and then went down for breakfast and some reading time. It was just such a great night away. Truly a night in paradise for us! And we were happy to see our babies when we picked them up- we enjoyed the quietness and not having to take care of them, but at the same time we really missed them and missed that responsibility! Here are some pictures of our time together. I would recommend anyone take advantage of the great summer rates of the resorts in Arizona- what fun!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh awesome. I was going to text you and ask how it went, but now I know! I'm so glad you enjoyed your night. I love that you two are so into serving each other and doing special things for each other to make life fun and amazing. I'm going to go check out travel zoo... :) Congrats on 7 years!

The African Groggs said...

HAPPY LATE ANNIVERSARY :) heard you have some exciting news?? and it will make our lives easier when we come for a visit :) poor jett's little feet too! love you