Lately I've noticed a change in Zach. Not that he wasn't a family man before, and he was always a wonderful daddy to our kids. But recently, I've noticed that he is just SO into us- like when he comes home, he's truly home. Not preoccupied, but fully with us and engaged in what's going on. And not that he lost his temper or got angry often, but there were times. But now I just notice this peace about him, and he is so slow to anger, and quick to be patient, whatever the situation. And the kids have really benefited from it- they adore him, can't wait for him to come home, are sad when he has to go to work, and just look forward to playing with him. He's been making such an effort also to do fun things with the kids, and make our time together count. Like for the last few weeks, he's been taking either Teda, Dane or both Teda and Dane out on Saturdays for donuts or bagels. And one time he took them for a hike up the mountain at our church- called the prayer hill, and at the top is a cross, symbolizing Jesus. They had such a great time, and everytime we drive by it, Dane tells me that his daddy took him up there, and after they got bagels- then he's sure to tell me he got a blueberry one. It's really been awesome. I feel so blessed, and so excited about his renewed passion for us. And really, it started with his renewed and strengthened passion for Jesus and his relationship with Him. He started going to this mens group at our church, called Maximized Manhood, and it's just been incredible. I can already see so many changes in him. And he's more of an attentive husband too! He was awesome before, and now it's just even better. I'm just proud of him!!! And our kids can't get enough of him!Friday, August 21, 2009
Daddy Time
Lately I've noticed a change in Zach. Not that he wasn't a family man before, and he was always a wonderful daddy to our kids. But recently, I've noticed that he is just SO into us- like when he comes home, he's truly home. Not preoccupied, but fully with us and engaged in what's going on. And not that he lost his temper or got angry often, but there were times. But now I just notice this peace about him, and he is so slow to anger, and quick to be patient, whatever the situation. And the kids have really benefited from it- they adore him, can't wait for him to come home, are sad when he has to go to work, and just look forward to playing with him. He's been making such an effort also to do fun things with the kids, and make our time together count. Like for the last few weeks, he's been taking either Teda, Dane or both Teda and Dane out on Saturdays for donuts or bagels. And one time he took them for a hike up the mountain at our church- called the prayer hill, and at the top is a cross, symbolizing Jesus. They had such a great time, and everytime we drive by it, Dane tells me that his daddy took him up there, and after they got bagels- then he's sure to tell me he got a blueberry one. It's really been awesome. I feel so blessed, and so excited about his renewed passion for us. And really, it started with his renewed and strengthened passion for Jesus and his relationship with Him. He started going to this mens group at our church, called Maximized Manhood, and it's just been incredible. I can already see so many changes in him. And he's more of an attentive husband too! He was awesome before, and now it's just even better. I'm just proud of him!!! And our kids can't get enough of him!
Labels:
Dane,
Family Time,
Teda,
Zach
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
cut it out this is too precious and makes me cry to see the shepherds in action...oh we miss you!
Post a Comment