Every Sunday after church, my parents, the kids, and I (and Zach usually gets to join us when he's done with work) have lunch at the cafe at our church. It's such a great time, and after lunch, the kids get an ice cream, then my Dad will usually take them hiking on this great mountain right outside the cafe. It has a trail all the way up it, and at the top is 3 crosses symbolizing when Jesus died for us. And partway up the mountain, there's an open tomb, symbolizing that He's alive. :) It's cool, and the kids LOVE to go up it with Papa. It's SOOO hot right now, and they still wanted to go today! So they did, and I guess Teda opened up a bit. She doesn't talk much about what happens during school or at church in her class. So this was cool that she started telling my dad about how the teacher was asking what they wanted to be when they grow up. Well Teda told her she wanted to be a mermaid teacher. So my dad said, "Like Ariel?" She said, "WEll, Ariel wasn't a teacher." So they clarified that yes she wants to be like Ariel, but also a teacher. So cute. So that's really the first time she's talked about what she wants to do when she grows up. Well, actually she mentioned earlier this week that shen she's a mommy, she wants to have kids because that's fun to have kids. (I agree!) And so fun that she opened up like that to my dad- it's precious. I love that he's so present in my kids lives, and that he is so available, and enjoys them so much. I love watching my parent's faces light up when they see the kids. And Zach's mom and dad too when they see the kids- it's just really cool. I think having grandchildren must just be one of the best feelings ever. Watching your kids have kids- just awesome. Then what about when your kids have kids, and then they have kids- great grandparents. I hope I get to live to see that happen for our kids.

1 comment:
what a precious picture!
Post a Comment