Saturday, August 22, 2009

No Cavities!

Dane went to the dentist on Thursday for the first time, and he did awesome! It's funny to think about how I couldn't wait to take Teda to the dentist as soon as she turned 2, then when Dane was almost 3, it occurred to me, we didn't ever take him to the dentist yet... hmmm. Things just change when you have more than one kid, I guess. Or I'm just more lazy now. Either way, it's all good. He did great, and had lots of fun. He didn't see my dad (if anyone who is reading this doesn't know, my dad is a dentist). We had him see a pediatric dentist, and when the kids get older, they can see my dad. That way, their papa can stay their papa. And if they ever need to get actual work done, it can be by someone other than him. You know? Dane was a champ, and as soon as he got in the chair, his mouth opened up as wide as could be. It was cute. I was a bit distracted, because I had Jett with me, and all he wanted to do was ride up and down on the dental chair next to Dane. So to keep him from shrieking (as he's been doing lots lately in public places- such as the library- good times when the librarian comes over to see what is going on...)... I gave him many rides on that chair. And they cleaned his teeth too. He got his very own toothbrush, floss, and toothpaste, all in a bag. He carried that bag everywhere that day.

After the dentist, we were all really hungry for lunch. So the boys and I (Teda was not feeling very well, and hung out with my grandparents for the day- she had a great time!), we went to In N Out, and it was so great. Dane brought his toothbrush in with him, and told the girl that we ordered from, "I goed to the dentist!" Both boys liked the burgers (who doesn't!), then we picked up a double double for Zach on our way out. I just can't go by myself to In N Out, and feel right leaving without getting something for Zach. It's his FAVORITE place to eat, ever. We had a fun day. It's funny how when I only have 2 kids, I feel so free. And whoever has that one child for me, they really enjoy it too. :)


Opening wide from the beginning!


Ready to get pictures of my teeth!


I know in this pic, he looks concerned, but he was doing awesome. He was trying to watch the tv they had with cartoons on above him.





Good stuff!



Teda resting with Great Great. What a treasure this picture is!


No comments: