Wednesday, August 12, 2009

News Flash



Not sure how relevant that title is, but here are some little updates on Jett...
*Jett has so many teeth now! He's just got them pokin through everytime I check his mouth. If this was my first child, I could tell you just how many teeth he has, the date each one poked through, that I'm giving him tylenol to help with the pain he must be going through, etc... but I can't say that for my third baby I guess. Does that make me a bad mom? I'm thinking it just makes me less paranoid, I have less time to keep track of all that, and I figure, he's going to get them all, and will he care when he's 20 about the dates he got all his baby teeth? I don't think so. I'm just trying to make myself feel better about the fact that I don't have a baby book for either Dane or Jett still. Oh well, such is life. I'll never be truly caught up. Where's the fun in that?
*He learned how to clap this week- it's too cute.

*He also learned how to spin himself around. That's funny when he does that. We had so you think you can dance on the other night at my parents' house, and he was spinning as the couples were dancing. Adorable.

*He also has been swinging his arms back and forth while he stands, that's too cute too. He's just developing such a little personality!

*He's been giving loves to Dane lately, and that's certainly new. I think he can feel that boy connection. And Teda too. I notice Dane more because Dane can be so rough with him, that I love that now Jett can keep things calm a bit.

*He loves to hug! And kiss (open mouthed of course)! It's so cute. And if you say "Pat Pat", he'll pat our backs.

*He's been doing this funniest face where he makes this "O" with his lips on the side of his mouth. Too funny- it looks like he's smoking an imaginary pipe or something. Wierd description, but I don't know how else to describe it! I have a pic of it on here.

*He is mimicking lots of words that we say- can't really say he's actually saying words yet, but he's so close! Or he'll just use the same tone that we use when we say a word. He did say something that sounded like bye today, more like "bah!" as he waved to my friend Nicole when we left her house.

*He loves to dance still- he cant help but move when he hears music. :)
*He can spot a vegetable from a mile away, and will have NOTHING to do with it. UGH!

*He's still facing backwards in his carseat because when I tried to face him forward, he just cried. We figured out he doesn't want to miss what's going on with Teda and Dane, and he must think I'm pretty boring to look at! Once we moved him back, he was much happier. He cracks up watching them in the car.

*He LOVES dogs. He will let them lick his face if I let him! He makes a barking sound when he sees them. He has a stuffed dog that sits on his shelf, and the other night, without words, he begged me to let him sleep with it. He just was making these barking noises the whole time I was singing to him, so I let him hold it, then tried to put it back on the shelf after we kissed it, hugged it, and said goodnight to it. He didn't want that! So he slept with him. He loves dogs so much- it's cute.

*He's drinking what Dane calls "soil milk" (soy milk) since yesterday- to see if that helps with his exzema. I hope it does! He likes it a lot, so that's good.

*Another sign he's the third child- two weeks ago, I was getting him ready for church, and put his shoes on (thinking, this may be the last time I put these on you, and I need to get him another pair of bigger ones out of the closet)... put him in the nursery, he cries pretty much the whole time, cries the whole time I'm getting us dinner, the whole time I'm strolling us to a seat to sit, and I get him out of the stroller and try and put him down thinking maybe he just wants out. And he doesn't even want to stand, as though his feet hurt... oh man- I'm thinking, his shoes! Lisa, you dork! His shoes are too small, and his feet have hurt this whole time! Oh if babies could talk, what would they say? I'm sure that night, Jett would've said, "It's my feet you people! My feet hurt! Take off these ridiculously small shoes my mom squeezed my feet into, and I'll be fine!" Mother of the year, right here! Once those shoes were off, he was totally great. So, would that have happened to him if he were my first child? I'm thinking no because I would've been only focused on him, not pulled in so many directions. But then again, who knows. Anyways, funny story either way. Well, funny now. :)

No comments: