Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Things of Value...

Yesterday we were driving, and Teda asked me if I locked the house. I told her that I did, and she said, "Good because I don't want anyone to come in and take our toothbrushes." Too cute! That's something that holds a lot of value to her- their new toothbrushes from the dentist, and she'd be sad if a robber came in and took them! It's crazy how things change as we get older. Oh to be a kid again! :)

I'd like to start to see the seemingly mundane things about my day (running errands, picking up the house, laundry, feeding the kids, making dinner, naptime and bedtime) as amazing blessings. And to see the immeasurable beauty that is in them- because they all are beautiful. They represent me being able to stay home with my babies, and help to raise them into Godly people.

I read in Ephesians yesterday something that was just awesome- Ephesians 3:16-21. Part of it says: "I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled with the measure of all the fullness of God..." Well, I want my kids to feel and be rooted and established in love. I'm not very good at being patient. At all. Since having kids, I'm finding just how short my fuse is, and how I am a really controlling person. And the ones closest to me are the ones who see that and are affected negatively by that. So I have a lot of work ahead of me- but I'm up for it and am excited that I have the ability to help my kids to know God's love. By knowing my love. What a huge thing!

And here I am on the computer while they're all waiting for my attention to be shiften to them- this would be a good start...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yes, the beauty in the mundane. I need to do see that as well. What a great verse- thanks for sharing :) and for being real about what being a stay-at-home mom is like. Love you!

biggarfamily said...

I totally agree with you....I am not looking forward to the little things in life growing. But knowing I am making a impact in thier lifes while staying home makes me so proud to be there mom that is with them all the time. Carley asked the other day why did they have to hurt Jesus in his hands and legs? If I wasn't home with her would she have asked that question, I wonder and would I have had the opportunity to share the story about why Jesus dies on the cross for us?