Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday night at 8, Got Myself a Date

It will be so great. Great, Great Great Great Great! Okay people, what movie is that from? I'll let you think about it while you read this...

So this weekend is Zach's weekend off- YEAH!!!! It started last night for us- we stayed up late watching a few shows that we hadn't watched in a while that were piling up on our dvr. And knowing that Zach will be off the whole weekend just made it even more fun. Then today we pretty much devoted to getting groceries for the next two weeks. This morning we made out our list, planned out our meals, I checked for the sales so I could price match at Walmart, and then Teda and I went to Walmart. Once we finished there, we came back here to put our groceries away, and then we all jumped in the van and headed for Costco. We had a few things to get there too. And of course, you can't leave Costco during lunch time without having pizza and hot dogs! So we did that together too- I had so much fun! It's WAY better to enjoy the Costco experience with the whole family, rather than trying to do it alone. We did have a wierd encounter on our way out of there- an older lady walked by us, and with a completely straight face said, "You put socks on baby, or baby get pneumonia. Then you cry." What? Little Jett didn't have socks on- I don't put them on him anymore now that it's getting warmer out. Anyways, she got her point across. Usually though, the older folks at Costco just think the kids are adorable. It's cute.

Anwyays, then it was home to take naps, and now the kids are just now waking up. Zach is going to set up a gymnastics experience here in our house- there's a little half wall in our family room, and he's going to clear it and put TONS of pillows down at the bottom. We're gonna let the kids jump their little hearts out. Once they're in bed, Zach and I are going to have a little date night (hence my title of Friday night at 8) at home and play cards and just enjoy each other's company. I'm loving this weekend off!!! :) By the way, the movie is The Nutty Professor. :)

No comments: