Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Who does that?

I love the first Tuesday of each month. My aunt Judy and uncle Alan watch the kids for us, and Zach and I get to have a date night. It's awesome. So tonight Zach and I went out- we went to dinner at Sauce (yummy food!) and then saw Fast and Furious (kinda cheesy in parts, and had some girls dressed pretty skimpily (is that a word) in some parts. But it had some cool racing scenes, and I was pretty tense during those parts. We had a great date, and I just love being with my wonderful, amazing, loving, fun husband!

Here's what's funny though. Well, funny now. Before it was time for me to take the kids to my aunt and uncle's house, I had planned on getting ready and changing clothes, freshening up my make up, and fixing my hair a little. You know, getting ready for a date kind of stuff. Well, I got wrapped up in working on something, then got the kids packed up in the car, headed to my aunt and uncle's house, and realized I completely forgot to get ready! And, I even forgot the gift cards we were going to use! It's been a very long time, if ever, that I actually forgot to get ready. Many times I've chosen not to get ready, but forgot? Wow, that was so frustrating! Well, Zach was really sweet and understanding- let me blow off steam about being so upset with myself, and said he was going to meet me at home after I dropped the kids off. So I did meet him at home, I was able to get ready, and start fresh. Who forgets to get ready? I do I guess now. :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I have seriously been at the store in the afternoon and thought, OOPS I did not brush my teeth today. GROSS. Who forgets to brush their teeth- guess I do :) I brush the girls and forget my own- Oh well. I'm sure you looked beautiful both ways :)