Don't you just wish you could be a kid again? When a pair of boots, no pants, and a play shopping cart was all it took to make all things right in the world?... I know I do. This picture is a great reminder to me to just live in the moment. To enjoy the small things that make me smile, laugh, and feel joy. And to hang on to those. And the moments that make me feel like I'm going crazy (the fighting between the kids, the time outs, the messes, the fits and the meltdowns (those are the hardest for me!, the whining, and all the other "stuff" that seems so hard... for those moments- to be able to just let them go, to keep my composure, to stay confident in who God made me as the mom, to be loving and kind, to be a safe place for them to fall when their world seems to be crashing in on them (and it doesn't take much- but, hey it doesn't take much for me either). In the hard moments, I want to think of a picture like this- it's truly all good. We have nothing to be complaining about, and ALL things to be thankful for. God is good, and He loves us unconditionally. Anyways, just a few thoughts after one of THe.Longest.Day.Ever. At least that's how it felt today. Wow- several times I cried, either alone or with the kids. Just a long day. But the day is done, the kids are quietly in bed, and Zach is home- praise the Lord!
Tonight, I'm going to take a shower, get comfortable, and hang out with my husband. Enjoy some time with him, and I think we'll play a game together. I love evenings to relax, regroup, and just be.

No comments:
Post a Comment