Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baby Update

I had my 38 week appointment with my Dr on Tuesday, and I'm dialated now to 2 1/2 cm, and 75% effaced (whatever that means- after 4 kids, I still don't know!). Of course, they say it could be any time, but I'm not having any consistent contractions that make me think it could be any time.

My Dr. always gives us the option to induce up to 10 days before my due date, and I did that with both boys. My labors with them went great (and Teda's was great too, she was 5 days early on her own), so I'm okay with inducing again this time. We're scheduled for next Tuesday July 20th to go in at 6am. That's my great grandma and great grandpa's 74th Anniversary- cool huh! Now, when they do inductions, there's always the chance that I could get bumped from that day to the next depending on how many women go into labor the night before (and hence, they don't have enough beds for me). So hopefully it will be the 20th, but it could change. Or maybe I'll just go into labor on my own before that! We'll keep you updated.

All I can say is there's not much more room for anything in my belly, so it must be getting close to time for him to come... I hope!

1 comment:

The Glaser Family said...

You're so funny Lis... so "effacement" refers to the thinning of your cervix, while dialation refers to the opening of your cervix. I found this out with my second, had no clue with my daughter! So, now I am passing the knowledge on to you! : )