Monday, July 19, 2010

Exciting News...

So here's the exciting news.... drum roll please. Just kidding. Well, as many of you know, Zach is leaving his current position as the 6th grade pastor at our church. We've been praying about it for about a year now, and just asking God to open doors when the timing is right, and for Him to let us know when it's time for Him to be used somewhere else. And we both totally felt it at the same time about 2 months ago, and so we knew what to do. Nothing bad happened at our church, and he will miss it terribly- miss his team that he worked with, and miss the kids and families so much too. We were missing each other as a family unit though too, and not being together on the weekends was getting tough. For me, going to church without Zach was hard, but we made it work. We just wondered if there was anything else out there for Zach to do that would allow him to be home more with us, make family more of a priority, and still be able to do what he is passionate about and loves doing. But ultimately just be used wherever God would want Him. He had thought maybe teaching would be cool, but didn't want to pigeon hole himself by just looking there.

Really he was open to anything- whatever God had in store for him, he was willing to do. He put his feelers out there, and a door opened up at a Christian School near our house. He met with the new superintendent (which Zach knew him from our church already, so that was awesome), and the hiring process began. They really wanted him to come on staff as the 6th-8th grade Bible teacher, as well as help put together their chapel services. And we just got word at the end of last week that he has been hired, and will be doing just that! It's super exciting, and the school is very excited to welcome him on staff. One of the other cool things about this is that we're going to have our kids go to school there too- and I can't think of anything cooler than knowing your daddy is a teacher where you go to school. :) The kids are very excited, and I am too! I think it's going to be awesome, and I'm so thankful. God's timing really is perfect. I don't know why I ever doubt that! So God really was speaking to me last week when those verses came to my heart about not leaning on my own understanding- the answer was right around the corner, I just couldn't see it yet.

I'm just so proud of Zach- he's such a wonderful husband and father, and he's going to be an incredible teacher. He has a true passion for Jesus Christ and for seeing kids and families "get it", and getting to teach His word to kids on a daily basis and helping them to understand who Christ is is just beyond exciting. He's going to do awesome at his new job! And I just have to say, weekends with Zach? What will we do with ourselves? And he gets the same holidays off that the kids get off as a teacher- I'm just really excited to see how this year unfolds.

He will miss what he did so well for the last 4 1/2 years tremendously. I can tell he's feeling a loss, but that's to be expected after being somewhere and working so close with his team for that long. And he has many many awesome memories from being there- and I do too! But he'll still be working with the same age kids, and even some of those kids that go to our church even go to this school! Pretty neat how it's all working out.

So that's the exciting news for now! Hopefully the next time I hop on here it will be to tell you the next exciting news- that Deklan has been born! :)

I went through and found several great pics of him over these last 4 1/2 years- enjoy!

Here's us in 2006- at the Volunteer Appreciation Banquet- each year, the staff and their spouses volunteer to serve and thank the volunteers at our church. It's one of my favorite times of the year!

This is the 2008 Volunteer Appreciation Banquet- each year has a theme- pretty fun!
Here's the 2009 Volunteer Appreciation Banquet
Last year, my dad drove with the kids and I to Prescott where Zach was at summer camp with the kids- it was his birthday. The kids made him a big card, and we surprised him!
2009- Some of the girls made Teda an honorary member of their group, and have her a "Princess Warriors" pink hat. She felt so special!
2008-Here's Zach with a bunch of kids in the spa at summer camp... and with his boss at the time Reggie. We loved Reggie and his family!
2008- Here's us with Teda and Dane at summer camp. The kids had a blast sleeping on bunk beds- Jetty stayed at grandma and papas
This was something called tribal challenge they did last year- it was a big fun time for the kids- and our kids got to come and check it out- here's Teda and Dane touching a snake- yuk!
Here's Zach and Dane with one of his great friends and a volunteer, Chris, with a snake... eww!

This was super hero weekend... him with the other childrens pastors- fun job!
Zach with a good friend and volunteer, Rob on super hero weekend
I even got in on the fun this weekend- and dressed up as Super Mom... and here's my cousin John too- he is now an awesome Jr High Leader ,and was a 6th grade leader at the time
The kids dressed up too as super heroes- how fun!
2007 Mess Fest- it's all about getting the pastors all messy with gross stuff- candy, food, frosting, you name it... it smelled so gross in that room!
2007 Mess Fest- here's the staff... yuck huh!
2008- This was Pajama Weekend- the kids were encouraged to bring a friend and come to church in your pjs. Yes, Zach is wearing long johns. And I was very pregnant with Jetty at the time!

This was some kind of themed weekend, and I took a cute pic of Teda and Zach

Summer camp 2007- Teda, Dane and I came to visit Zach while he was up there-
One of Zach's visits to have lunch with some of his 6th graders
Lunch time with some 6th graders at their school
Lunch with 6th graders at their school

Lunch time with some of his 6th grade girls
Lunch break
Lunch at the kids schools

Summer camp 2006

Mess Fest 2006- the kids are painting zach with frosting and putting candy all over his head and face- how can he breathe!? :)
Mess fest 2006, the staff after a weekend of getting all yucked up
Yummy....

And here's a clip of a talk Zach got to do at the 6th grade lock in last year. Fun!

1 comment:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Wow! I am so excited for you all. What awesome blessings coming your way. I love hearing stories of God providing and fulfilling the hearts desire of His people...so encouraging!