So we think that Jett is going to be quite the musician. He's SO into playing his tiny little toy electric guitar. He notices when someone on tv is playing the guitar, and often he goes to get his too. He plays it when the music is on (he says very excitedly, "I ga (gotta) get my gee-tar!") , and even when it's not. He's so into it, and it's adorable. He even holds it right, and he LOVES watching his daddy play. Zach has been working very hard to learn how to play the guitar. His goal is to learn to play this one song (of course I don't know the title of it) by the end of the year, and sing it too. He even wants me to sing the harmony parts in it- yikes! But Jett loves music. And when he dances, he always moves his hand up and down- kind of like he's strumming an invisible guitar.) Zach is so ready to get him a child sized real guitar, so that's what we'll get him next. It's pretty cute to watch.
Oh, and I just thought it was too cool that before Zach had a strap to put on his guitar, he'd put one leg up on the bed and play. So that's what Jett would do with his own guitar. I LOVE how our kids do what we do. They're watching us, and they want to be like us. That's the way God designed it. On one hand it's so cool, and on the other hand it's scary to me because I know that I'm not the person that I want to be all the time. I have a long way to go, and I mess up daily. That's where grace comes in though, I do know that. And our kids can learn that we're not perfect, and there's love and forgiveness available to us anytime we need it. I think they're catching onto that at least. Dane said to me the other day, mom even when you do the wrong things, I will still love you. Thanks, Dane because I will for sure do the wrong things! But I get back up and keep on doing my best to be the best mommy that I can be. With God's help, of course! Makes me think of the verse in Proverbs 24:16- for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity. So even when I fall down 7 times, I'm going to get up 8!!

No comments:
Post a Comment