He took Teda first, and they went to the movies. They saw Toy Story 3, and had a great time. Of course, I didn't have him bring the camera, so we will miss out on seeing pictures from their time together. Bummer. She did say the best part of the movie was when Buzz got changed from speaking English to speaking Spanish. :) She was very excited when he turned in his ticket to take her out though. I think when he takes them on "dates", they just feel so special and loved. We'll for sure keep doing this on a regular basis.
About a week and a half later, Zach took Dane to the movies too. They saw Karate Kid. He'd been SO wanting to see it. He'd said to me the day before, "Mom I keep thinking about the new karate kid- I can't get it out of my head!" So it was settled that they'd see that movie together. They had a great time, and afterwards Zach said he showed him some of his karate moves in the theater. He daydreams of being the good guy who wins, and beats up all the bad guys. Especially if there is someone to rescue involved. And he kept thinking through the whole movie that the Karate Kid was a girl because Jaden Smith (who plays him) had braids in his hair... he would say, "Is she okay?... she's doing good..." And Zach kept telling him, it's a he. It's a boy buddy. He just has long hair that's braided. I don't blame him for thinking he was a she- but now he knows that boys sometimes have long hair and they're still boys. Cute. I do have a few pics of their time together, so I'll share those.
Next on the date list is Jett. Not sure where Zach will take him, but I know they'll have fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment