I had a moment while we were on our trip to California where I thought, "I'm going to blink, and before I know it our kids won't be "babies" anymore." We were driving through the UCSD campus, and looking at how pretty it was there. And I was thinking about how this is where people go to college, and our kids will be in college one day. And as I was thinking that, Teda said very proudly, "I'm going to go to school to learn my numbers and how to tie my shoe." And I said, "Yes you are!" I then turned to Zach and said, "I think this will be a moment we will look back and remember... When Teda goes to college, we'll remember this moment." It was just so ironic that she made that comment while we were driving through the college.
Then as Zach was doing a u-turn, she said, "Pretty soon I'm going to drive and turn and turn." Another one of those moments! I tell ya, as long as the days seem right now with all the diaper changes, time outs, snack times, nap times, bed times, bath times, etc... I'm going to blink and we will be into the next chapter of our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment