So this last Saturday night, I took the kids to church and met my family there. After church, we decided to have dinner there too- so my parents stayed and helped me with the kids (SO awesome when they do that! They're so wonderful and helpful), and after we ate the kids were running off some energy. As we were headed back to the car, Dane dropped to the ground and said, "Tired." He just laid there on his back. Teda went to go get him, and he said, "I seeping!" It was just too funny. We stood there for a minute, then we started walking away thinking he would get up right away and follow.... it took a few more minutes before he hopped up and was ready to go again!My dad said, that is living in the moment- right there. You've had a good dinner, you've run around a lot, and now it's time to rest. Oh to be 2 again. :)
But really though, I could learn a lot from this picture, and from our kids. They don't worry about what others think- he just plopped down on the ground. He had nowhere else to be but right there- not rushed, all the time in the world. Now I know I can't always be that way, but it couldn't hurt me to slow down a bit.
Moral of the story? The next time you've had a long day, just plop down right where you are and rest! :) As Dane would say, "It's all good... bebe!"

1 comment:
i love that picture!
it is worth a thousand words! lol
Post a Comment