"I... Haveit......FURS!" "I.....Haveit...FURS!" "I.........HaveitFURS!"
-Dane
Those are the words I've been hearing in the back of my van a lot lately. Over the course of this last week we spent a lot of time driving, and Dane learned how to say those words. Teda was so kind as to teach him how to say it. Not because she was trying to do that, but because she was saying it to him. The first time I heard him say it, I just thought it was the cutest thing in the world. And actually, it still makes me smile when I hear it. But when he says it, he's certainly not trying to be cute. He has a goal, and that is to get whatever toy Teda has. Neither one of them really know what it means to have something first, that's what's funny about it. They just say it when they want that toy. They're still learning how to share, and how to take turns.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We lucked out having our younger sibling be a girl b/c I've been teaching Ryan, "Ladies first" and all of sudden, giving the toy, lunch plate, sunscreen, etc to Kaylin first seems completely fair to him. I'm starting to see why some parents buy duplicates of the same toys so everyone has one...this sharing thing is tough for kids!!!
And that new pic of the 3 kids on the top of your page is SO CUTE!
Post a Comment