We had a little get together with some of our family at Chick-Fil-A to celebrate Dane's birthday on Thursday evening. I am a huge fan of having birthday parties at a place like that for a few reasons.
1. I don't have to clean my house to get ready for the party, and I don't have to clean up my house after it's over.
2. There is an enclosed area for the kids to play while the adults talk (and we can see them from the window too- but of course there's usually someone who is an adult that wants to go and play with them, so that's a plus too)
3. We don't have to worry about how much food to get, who is coming, how much they will eat, etc.... because it doesn't matter when you're at a place like Chick-fil-A!
4. It's okay if we're loud and the kids are running around when they're antsy, or running to and from the play area. It's great!
I left there last night feeling like it went awesome, Dane had a great time seeing family and playing and eating 3 cupcakes (yes, he did! his favorite part is the frosting- he could do without the cake), I even felt like I had some great conversations with family and was able to connect with them (which usually at other parties I've planned I feel so stressed and like I can't talk to anyone because I'm busy making sure everything is going well) So, all that to say it was fun and stress free! :)
He's just such a happy kid!

No comments:
Post a Comment