Today we got to do something I have been longing for for what seems like forever. Zach and I had a date night and we went to the Melting Pot! It's this amazing fondue restaraunt that has a burner on the top of each table for fondue pots- so fun. Oh, words really can't describe how much I love this place. It's not even just the food, it's the whole experience. It's quiet, a really nice restaraunt, with amazing food. I had found a coupon for a four course meal- you pick the type of cheese you want (We picked a boston lager cheddar) and dip bread cubes, apples, and veggies.........then you pick the type of salad you want (I picked a California salad and Zach had the Cobb)..............then out comes the meats and you cook them in whatever type of style (we picked a vegetable boullion type of broth, and had fillet minon, shrimp, pork, chicken, and raviolis- and you cook them with your little skewers, and they have several different dipping sauces with it)..........and then comes the BEST part of the night. You choose what type of chocolate you want- so many to choose from. We chose milk chocolate with a scoop of chunky peanut butter in it- and out comes a platter of marshmallows, cheesecake, pound cake, strawberries, and I'm sure I'm even missing something else........anyways, the point is it was AMAZING, and next time we're going for just cheese and chocolate. I can't wait until we get to go again. I left feeling really full, but I didn't care because I felt like it was so worth it! It was such a treat, and I'm so glad we went. We laughed a lot while we were there- I just really enjoyed Zach's company, and it felt like a true date! It's one of those places we won't go often because it's pretty pricey, and if you go too often I think it would ruin the specialness of it, but it's for sure my #1 favorite place to go! Zach had the waiter take some silly pics of us- I'm almost too embarrased to put them on here, but I'm going to anyways. :)
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment