Well, Teda had her second official day of preschool yesterday, and she had a great time again. I work on Tuesdays, so Zach got to pick her up. I think that's going to work out great because she's the most talkative right after school we're finding (because after a few people have asked her all about it, she seems to sound like, I already told this story...why are you asking me again?). She told him that she got to ring the bell- that was her job. Each child in the class has a particular job, and it sounds like hers was to ring the bell, and she was very happy about that. She said that all the other kids were saying, "Can I ring the bell!?" He asked her if she had a snack, and she said, "Yes, butter...........(long pause) with sugar and a tortilla!" He said she was so cute when she said that- almost as if she were messing with him- because she LOVES butter (could just eat it plain if we let her, and sometimes she does before I catch her when we're putting it on a roll), and she wanted him to think she had just butter for a snack. And she was pretty excited because we have tortillas at home too! So I think we'll have to try that for a snack sometime. She also made a really cute little beaded necklace and painted a picture.
Zach was just blown away at how cool it was to get to pick her up and have a conversation with her about school. He was just amazed that we're picking her up from school. It is pretty crazy. I know I say that all the time lately, but it's still so wierd!
I missed picking her up while I was working, but I know this is SO good for Zach and Teda to have this time together. He's even going to volunteer in her class once a month. Great bonding time! And I'm only working one day a week, so this is okay. And if I weren't working, I'd probably be the one picking her up from school both days. Anyways, that's that!
No comments:
Post a Comment