Yesterday my mom and I volunteered in Teda's classroom, and it was so fun! It was also very tiring. By the time we got home, I was beat. It takes a LOT of energy- not just physical, but mental and emotional energy to be the best you can for those kids. Teda had nine kids in her class yesterday, and between the teacher, my mom, and I, we were all over the place! Those kids are full of energy, and so adorable. I learned a lot just from that one time of being in there- they are very big on allowing the child to make their own choices, and really just being a facilitator for them to learn and experience many different things. Even the way I talked to them was pretty new for me- I'm so used to just making decisions for my kids. Not here- you ask them- do you wanna __________? or do you wanna _________? And really whatever they choose is okay as long as it's not hurtful to them. And you can really put a positive spin on anything rather than saying no about something. It was very enlightening, and took a lot of brain power from me- but so great! I'm excited about this new way of talking to my kids, and allowing them to learn and experience things that they choose. Now, I won't take this to the extreme, but I'd really like to start letting them make more choices than I currently do. So it was really fun! I got to help them make monkey bread- they got to cut, roll, twist, and do anything they wanted to two little buscuits, put them in a cupcke holder, and put butter on it (with their own knife, and get it out of the tub by themselves- there was flying butter sometimes!), then shake their own cinnamon sugar on it... then I took it to the kitchen and baked it, and they got to eat their creations. And we had a little small group time where we talked about emotions. The teacher had taken pictures of each child making different faces, and we showed the pictures and asked them what they thought they were feeling. And we had a little paper with a ton of different facial expressions with a description of each emotion, and they could point to the faces that they thought the kids were making. Here's what Teda's looked like- so cute! She pointed to the face that said confident- and how true is that! She is one confident little girl- I love it. She was at my mom's table. It was really fun to be in there, and I'll for sure do it again! Zach gets to go in next Tuesday, and he's really excited too.
Teda is pretty quiet in her class. She is a rule follower for sure, I noticed. And she likes to make sure everyone else is following the rules as well. She has a pretty joyful disposition, and she likes to just observe what's going on. She didn't really have anyone that she hung out with, she kinda did her own thing. But most of the other kids were the same way. I guess it's only a few weeks into the year, so maybe by the end she'll have a few friends that she plays with regularly. Kids are just so much fun. I couldn't imagine not having kids- I'm so thankful to have these three amazing children, and to be able to stay home with them is just a dream come true. I really am living my dream, and I love it!
Dane and Jett went to class too- Dane was in the playroom, and they made apple turnovers, and played, and I think he had a great time (but he cried for the first 20 minutes- yikes!). And I'm sure Jett was fine- he's pretty laid back and will really go to anyone. Our kids are just amazing- I sometimes think I need to pinch myself- is this really real that I would be able to be married to such an incredible man, and that we would have three beautiful healthy children? God is SO good, and I'm so thankful. I know I just need to live each day to it's fullest and enjoy it because I also know that we don't know what tomorrow holds. So today I will choose to live for today, love God, love my family, and love others. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment