Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I'm a school girl"






Teda had her first day of preschool today! Zach, Dane, Jett, and I took her to school- equipped with the video camera and the camera, snapping pictures and taking footage of her very first day of her school career. :) She went right in, and her teacher helped her get "signed" in. She asked Teda if she could pick out her name of a few names that were on cards on the table, and she picked it out right away (I was so proud!), and then she got busy playing in the pretend area with jewelry.


It was wierd to leave the school without her, and go back home with only two kids. I told Zach on our way out of the parking lot that I had a stomach ache, and I knew it was because Teda is just growing up. She was wearing these new shoes that she'd picked out, and I was worried that she would get sand in them on the playground. So I put a pair of flip flops in her backpack just in case. And I told her that if she needed to, she could switch shoes. For some reason, that just made me so sad that I knew she may have trouble with her shoes, and I wouldn't be there to help her with it. What a wierd feeling! I know this is just the beginning.


Anyways, Dane missed her while she was gone. On our way home, he was sort of in a daze and was just saying quietly, "no, no no..." I think he was sad partially that we left Teda and also partially because he had wanted to stay and play on the playground. :)


When I went to pick her up, she was still in the room working away on a placemat they had made to have their snacks on. She was the last kid in there (I know, mother of the year for me with her being the last one in there on her first day of school)... but she didn't care one bit. She hardly looked up when she heard me come up to her. She wanted to finish her placemat. So we spent a few more minutes finishing up, and she got her backpack and we were off. While walking to the car, she said very confidently, "I'm a school girl." Yes she is! We met my mom for lunch at Chick-fil-A to celebrate her first day of school.


On a side note, this is really cool. My mom got her a necklace that is a locket, and she put a picture of me and a picture of Zach in it. She gave it to Teda a few days ago, and said that she can just look at the locket if she ever misses us while she's at school! My mom said she did that with me when I went to 1st grade, and I'm so glad she did it for Teda! One of the volunteer parents in the class today said she loved that locket idea, and that she saw Teda looking at it while she was on the playground today. (that just melted my heart!)


All in all, awesome day!

No comments: