Today we had a lemonade stand in our driveway, and it was AWESOME. Yesterday we made a sign, and colored all over it- it said, "Lemonade and Cookies 25 cents", with lots of beautiful drawings by Teda and Dane. Then when Zach got home from work today, we set to work. We got out the lemonade, cookies, cups and napkins I had bought from the store, and we brought them out with the kids' little table. We put up the sign, and the kids were in business. They used their little megaphones (Teda calls hers a horn) and said, "Lemonade! (Dane says "Minade!") Come and get it!" At one point, Dane looked at someone and said with his little head turned to the side, "Firsty? (Translation- Are you thirsty?)" So adorable! I was just grinning from ear to ear almost the whole time.
So their first customer was a teenage guy on his bike with his friend who was just riding by, and he saw their sign and couldn't resist. He stopped and got some lemonade. It was funny because I didn't explain to the kids how it all works- you get the lemonade and give it to them, give them cookies and get a quarter. So they looked a bit confused the first few times we did this. The guy was so nice, he even let me take a picture of him getting his lemonade. Then we had another neighbor driving down the street turn around and come get some- how can you resist something as cute as this?
I had called my parents and let them know, and they came to get some lemonade and cookies, and then my mom told my sister Sarah, and she was so excited that she came too. And I called my sister Julie, and she came with her boyfriend Joel to get some Minade. And it just so happened that my aunt Judy and uncle Alan (who Teda calls Uncle an Alan and Aunt Judy- isn't that great?) had one of Teda's necklaces that she left at their house the day before, and they called to see if they could bring it by. So I let them know what we were doing, so they came for some lemonade too! And it was funny because when Alan came up to get his, Dane handed him an empty cup, and Teda handed him a quarter! They'd watched me do it a few times, and figured, hey we got this one mom. It was so sweet watching their little minds working to figure this all out. I felt bad because I hadn't explained how it all works. Well, after that I did explain it and by the end our neighbor across the street came over to get some, and Teda said, "You have to give us the money," very matter of factly. She's my tell it like it is girl for sure.
Anyways, it was so much fun, and I'm sure we'll do it again soon!
So their first customer was a teenage guy on his bike with his friend who was just riding by, and he saw their sign and couldn't resist. He stopped and got some lemonade. It was funny because I didn't explain to the kids how it all works- you get the lemonade and give it to them, give them cookies and get a quarter. So they looked a bit confused the first few times we did this. The guy was so nice, he even let me take a picture of him getting his lemonade. Then we had another neighbor driving down the street turn around and come get some- how can you resist something as cute as this?
I had called my parents and let them know, and they came to get some lemonade and cookies, and then my mom told my sister Sarah, and she was so excited that she came too. And I called my sister Julie, and she came with her boyfriend Joel to get some Minade. And it just so happened that my aunt Judy and uncle Alan (who Teda calls Uncle an Alan and Aunt Judy- isn't that great?) had one of Teda's necklaces that she left at their house the day before, and they called to see if they could bring it by. So I let them know what we were doing, so they came for some lemonade too! And it was funny because when Alan came up to get his, Dane handed him an empty cup, and Teda handed him a quarter! They'd watched me do it a few times, and figured, hey we got this one mom. It was so sweet watching their little minds working to figure this all out. I felt bad because I hadn't explained how it all works. Well, after that I did explain it and by the end our neighbor across the street came over to get some, and Teda said, "You have to give us the money," very matter of factly. She's my tell it like it is girl for sure.
Anyways, it was so much fun, and I'm sure we'll do it again soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment