Friday was a sad day for us, especially Zach. His dad called him and let him know that his grandfather, Grandpa Don, passed away unexpectedly earlier that morning. Grandpa Don, you will be missed very very much. He was such a sweet man, and he loved his grandson with all his heart. I remember when he found out we were having our first boy (Dane), he was so excited that there would be a boy to carry on the Shepherd name. Whenever we would go to California to visit family, Grandpa Don made the drive to come see us. He would drive to meet us at Vince's Spaghetti for dinner with his dad's side of the family, and then he would usually drive again to Zach's Grandma Bonnie's house to spend some more quality time with us. This last time, he sat and read a book to Teda and Dane. He welcomed me into the family, and I am grateful for that. Zach will miss his grandfather dearly. He will be flying out to California tomorrow to be with his dad's side of the family. His sister Courtney will be flying out from Colorado, as well as his dad from Florida. He will get to stay with his Grandma Bonnie. I know that the family time will be very special to him, and I'm so glad he'll be with his loved ones this week celebrating the life of his Grandpa Don.


No comments:
Post a Comment