Sunday, January 25, 2009

Produce Galore

So I didn't get the chance to blog about this until now, but last Saturday was our first experience with getting our produce from a co-op. It's called Bountiful Baskets, and we go every other Saturday and pick up a TON of produce for $16.50! It has been so yummy, and I'm LOVING having so much fruit in the house. We've eaten more fruit this week than ever before. And I just washed it all really good with a produce wash when Zach brought it home, and have had it all ready to go anytime. And now I have a glass cutting board sitting out on my counter, which makes it even easier and I don't really have any excuses for not eating fruits and veggies now. Sounds wierd, but I had to make it that fool-proof for us to start eating more produce. It's like, I really like fruit and so do the kids, so why don't I just do it? It's all the hoops I seemingly have to jump through to get it on the table.... how sad is that? But now, we're good to go! Here's what came in our basket... well, actually it was grocery bags: (oh, and I was so excited, I had to take a picture of it all, so that's in here too)



Fruits:
10 minneolas (like oranges)
8 green granny smith apples
9 bartlett pears
1 bag of green grapes
1 16 oz container of strawberries
1 bunch of huge bananas (10 of them)



Veggies:
2 avocados (is that considered a fruit?)
8 tomatoes
1 bunch of carrots
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 bunch of collard greens (wonderful blended up with eggs for breakfast!)


1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Which location are you going to??? I didn't see you last week.

I learned of a homemade produce wash recipe...check it out!