Monday, January 12, 2009

Up at 6!

So today is day 2 of my new endeavor: getting up before the kids wake up to work out and have quiet time with Jesus. I find that when I get up before they kids do and prepare physically and spiritually, I'm ready for the day and can be the mom that I know I want to be. When I don't get up, I'm actually bothered when the kids come in and wake me up... and that's so not how I want to start the day, for anyone's sake. So far, so good... it was hard to roll myself out of bed, but once I'm up and moving, I feel great! It's totally a battle within me, and I'm determined to beat it! So there it is, I'm saying it out loud that I'm working on. I'm hoping that after about a month straight of doing this, it will become like normal and I will not even want to do it.

And having a consistent quiet time is something that I don't have a great track record with, so I'm excited about this one. So that's what's new with me!

Oh, and I cancelled coupon sense. It was too overwhelming for me right now. I was getting overloaded with information about sales everywhere and what coupons to use, and before I knew it I felt paralyzed by indecision. It took me longer to just read the emails and newsletters about sales than I had anticipated. So I just avoided it (that's how I usually respond to being overwhelmed... I know I shouldn't, but I do), so I was taking forever to get our groceries, and feeling bad when I didn't use coupons. It's just not worth the anxiety to me! So I'm going back to my old way of just price matching at Wal-mart. That seemed to be working pretty well for us. Then I'm going to start doing a produce co-op too, so that will be good. :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Good for you- on all of it! Getting up early for Jesus time and body time and for recognizing what stresses you and getting rid of it :) Rock on girl!