Today was a snow day for Teda at preschool. They had some snow trucked in for today, so the kids could play in it... so we'd been talking about it for the last few days, saying things like "Isn't that cool that it's a snow day for you on Thursday? That will be so fun!... Do you think you will want to bring your big jacket and snow boots?" .... well, Teda got all ready yesterday evening. She laid her clothes out the night before (as she usually does), and tried on all her snow gear. This morning, she was all ready to go, she made sure she had everything on before we even got in the car to leave. Then when we got there, I opened up the door to get her out, and she looked at me a bit puzzled, "Is it snowing at my school?" Oh man! I wanted to giggle because it was just so sweet and why would she think anything other than what we told her, It's a snow day. Of course she would think we were telling her it was going to snow at her school today. I didn't explain that the snow was going to be brought in..... woops, my bad for sure! Here was the rest of our conversation....
Me: Did you think it was going to snow here at your school today?
T: Yeah (sounding a little sad and let down)
Me: I'm sorry honey, it's not going to snow here today. We live in a place where it doesn't snow. BUT some guys went where it does snow, got a whole bunch of it and put it in their truck, and brought it back here for you guys to play in.
T: no response, just hopped out of the car ready to head in to school.
That is just another example to me of how precious and innocent little ones are. They take everything you say literally, and why wouldn't they? I truly wanted to cry when she looked at me so puzzled and asked me if it was snowing... too sweet. I wish I could bottle this up and keep it forever. I guess that's why I'm blogging about all this, so I will remember!
No comments:
Post a Comment