Sunday, January 25, 2009

Unimaginable

So, Jett is doing a little better now that he's been on meds for a few days. And the breathing treatments seem to be helping him. I think his ears still are bothering him a lot because there are times when he's just inconsolable. And naps for him don't last more than an hour since this sickness (and usually they're 1 1/2 to 2 hours), so that's a bummer. I'm hoping that in the next week, he just continues to get better each day.... I was saying to Zach the other night as he was screaming bloody murder in the car becuase he was so uncomfortable, "Aren't you glad he wasn't a colicky baby? Could you imagine this all the time and not being able to help him?" That would be awful, and wanting so badly just to nurture and help and love him, and have him respond to it and feel comforted and nurtured in turn... wow that would be so hard. Well, Zach responded, asking me if I could imagine having a whole village of babies crying like that because they're hungry and there is no food. Wow, that feels almost unimaginable. To be the mom of one of those babies screaming, and knowing there was NOTHING I could do to help them. SO sad. I can barely handle Jett crying like that for a few minutes- but all the time? But I know it goes on. Why are we so blessed to have all that we do? And really, I don't think all villages have to be that way, if we all just gave more freely. Right? I'm sure God knew it would turn out this way. And I am comforted to know that it will all be made right when Jesus comes back. It's hard to grasp. I just want to go find all those babies, and take them back here. But what would that solve? There will just be more and more babies, and still a shortage of food in those villages. My brain just can't wrap itself around this. I know that God is in control. He didn't cause this. Man did. And I know it saddens God more than I will ever know.

********************************************************************************

Teda still has a fever- this is day 4, and now she has been complaining that both her ears hurt. So I guess I'll take her to the dr tomorrow to see if she has ear infections. **SIGH.** This girl seems to be sick ALL the time. She goes from one sickness to the next. If I'm not careful, I let my imagination run and I start to think something is wrong with her that she gets sick so easily. It is her first year in preschool and it is also colder weather, so the germs live longer on carts, tables, etc. But even after knowing all that logic, I still do worry. Worrying isn't going to change anything, and I need to stop that! She's fine, just gets sick easily. Right?! Yes, that is right. I'm sure I'll get to Jett at the age of almost 4, and when he enters preschool for the first time and gets sick every other week, it will be no big deal! With Teda being my first, I think I just worry more with her because I don't know what all this is about. You know? Oh, and she's such a sweetie when she's sick. So snuggly, so sweet. She just wants to be held and rocked. And if I can stop long enough to do that, what memories we can create together. My mom is much better about stopping to rock her than I am. I'm learning! And who better to learn from than my own mom! :)

No comments: