Monday, January 5, 2009
Rocks In My Dryer
So I know of this really great blog, and it's called Rocks In My Dryer. If that name wasn't taken, that would be the new name for my blog. Here's why- several times in the last few months, since Dane has turned 2, I'll be drying clothes and hear this loud noise over and over and over again. And of course I'm too lazy to check it out at that moment, but when I'm ready to fold the clothes, I find the culprits... a few tiny rocks! (I now am used to the noise and know right away what it is, and it makes me smile... usually) :) And I know beyond the shadow of a doubt who's rocks they are- Dane. He LOVES rocks. It's the first thing he goes to when we're outside. And he knows how to put them in his pocket now. He loves pockets (side note- he's really figuring out this pocket thing- the other day, he had a pocket in his shirt, and at breakfast, he spooned some oatmeal into his shirt pocket!). So pockets and rocks in them is one of his favorite combinations. It's awesome. And I actually love the sound of rocks in my dryer- because it's the sound of my kids- the sound of laughter, playing, their sweet voices talking to each other and to me, singing, jumping on anything they can, just enjoying life and living in the moment. And what a picture of living in the moment- finding a cool rock and deciding you like it so much that you'll keep it! I'm so thankful for these sweet reminders of how beautiful life really is!
Look at this sweet face, it's just almost too much for me! :):):):):)
Labels:
Dane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment