Friday, November 13, 2009

Dad's Night


It seems like everything I've been posting has had Zach as a part of it. I'm realizing, and being reminded that he's such an involved, wonderful daddy and husband. And that's so incredibly meaningful to me because our kids are watching every move we make. And I think his decision and choice to follow Jesus, be so loving, caring, fun, involved, and understanding is one of the best choices he could make. Because our kids see him modeling that to them, and my prayer is that Teda will look for a husband with those qualities, and our boys will learn to emulate those qualities, and their wives will be blessed by them.

Well, Teda had dad's night at her preschool on Tuesday night, and Teda and her daddy had a great time together.

First, he took her to get ice cream- she picked out pink of course. Then they headed to the school where she decorated a paper to go inside of a little magnet (that later will be replaced with a picture of the two of them by her teacher), made paper airplanes and flew them together, she got to shave his face with shaving cream and popcicle sticks, and she made him a great big bowtie to wear around.

I just can't believe how much Teda is growing up. That sounds lame, I'm sure, but I'm so serious! Now when she smiles for pictures, she knows to really smile. I thought that day would never come, and now when I see her in pictures, my breath is almost taken away at how beautiful she is. Inside and out. This was her second dad's night- they had one last year, and next year she'll be in kindergarten. That is just crazy. I'm not ready to fully think about her being in school all day long, but that doesn't make it untrue. I'll miss her all day, and I should be cherishing the days I get with her until then! I know, I know, she's not going anywhere- it's just wierd to think she'll be with someone else for most of the days M-F. That's a hard concept for me to grasp as a stay at home mommy. It's all good though- that's just the way life works. They have to grow up sometime, and I have to learn to let go. This is the first of many, many steps in her life of growing up. Wow!

Oh, and her teacher did a little questionaire for her about her daddy. Here were her answers:
My dad's name is- Zach
He is ___ years old- I don't know
His favorite thing to eat is- sometimes lobster
His favorite thing to drink is- diet coke
His favorite TV show is- Dad shows
At home his favorite thing to do is- wrestle
At work he does- sings with the kids
My dad always tells me- Um, he tells me to get in my bedroom when it's bed time.

That last one is too funny! Zach said other girls wrote, he loves me, you're beautiful, and here's what she said he always tells her. He asked her, do I always tell you that? She said, "yup!" Well there ya go.

Pink Ice Cream

Bow Tie she made for him

Shaving daddy



This is a picture Teda drew of her daddy.



No comments: