Thursday, November 12, 2009

Volunteer Appreciation


Each year, our church puts on an appreciation dinner with a cool theme for all those who volunteer at our church. It's a night I always look forward to because it's put on by the staff members of the church and their spouses. It's just a really fun night. This year's theme was Stand Up, and it was a comedy night. We all had to wear red shirts, crazy hats and crazy ties of some sort. Luckily, I had some in the kids dress up bins for such a time as this! :) Zach's job this year was funny- he had to be near the front where all the people arrived, and be doing some really cheesy, one liners... he did awesome. I wish I could've seen it, but I was in a different area helping serve drinks and cupcakes to the guests. There was chick-fil-a for dinner (always a crowd pleaser), cupcakes for dessert, and a great comedy show at the end.

This hilarious comedian named Tim Hawkins came and did one of the funniest shows I've seen. He was SO funny, and totally clean. It's nice to be able to laugh and not feel like you shouldn't be, you know what I mean? Like some of the movies that come out that are really funny, but have some really raunchy parts or just inappropriate scenes. And you leave thinking, what was the point of those scenes? It would've been just as good without them! So annoying!

Anyways, here's a pic of Zach and I at the volunteer night and here's a link for part of Tim Hawkin's stuff on youtube. Isn't that "It's all about me" a nice little touch for a church event? I thought it was. :) Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IR5HWr9IIw

No comments: