He and my grandma came to almost every single one of my softball games, even in the middle of the sweltering hot summer- that's dedication and love! Especially during the games that I didn't even play- they still came. I always felt loved and supported from them in all I did. And I still feel that way. I have memories of spending the night at their house on Saturday nights, and waking up Sunday morning to worship music filling the house while we got ready for church. And there were always the costco sized boxes of mentos and lifesavers to bring with us to church- one of my favorite parts! And my grandpa worked very hard and owns a machine shop, and it allowed my grandma to stay home and once we all came along, to have something called "grandma's day", where the grandkids got to have a day to spend with grandma while the moms could do whatever they needed to do. We played, did crafts, had lunch (macaroni and spam- so YUMMY, I know it's gross to many of you, but don't judge till you've tried it- is' so good!), have song time where we'd sing worship songs and my grandma played the piano, had a Bible story time, nap time, and at the end- a prize!!! It is a fond memory, and at the age of 5, it's where I asked Jesus into my heart. That couldn't have happened if my grandpa hadn't worked hard to support them. What a team they make. I'm sure I've blogged about some of this already- I lose track sometimes of what thoughts have already come out here and what hasn't . Either way, I'm just thankful for my grandpa, and am glad my great grandpa and great grandma had him!! :) I don't mean to sound all cheesy and sappy, I'm just sayin how I feel!! I guess that makes me the cheesy and sappy one- oh well, I'm okay with that.
Here's a pic of us today- Zach was there, but he took the picture. Oh, and one more thing- the kids made him cards, and Teda's was a picture of him in his "chair" watching tv! For those of you who know him, this will be funny. He has always had a chair that he sits in to relax, watching tv. Too funny- he got a real kick out of it. :)
ps- you know how I said there's one great grandchild on the way? Well, some of you know already and some don't- that little baby is in my tummy!!! I'm almost 6 weeks along, so it's still early, but we're excited! I'm feeling nautious today, and that's a good thing! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment