This came about because we have this jewel system where when the kids do something I notice that's kind, nice, obedient, etc, I tell them to go put a jewel in their cups. And the kids have started asking for a jewel when they do something like that. I've been trying to tell them it doesn't mean as much when they ask for one, as it does when I notice and tell them to get one. And Zach was telling Dane that even when mommy doesn't give you a jewel for each thing you do, there will be LOTS of jewels for you in heaven still! He thought that was SO cool. He said, "Mommy! There is treasure for us in Heaven!"
I can take a lesson from him and his excitement about that. I don't need to get man's approval for the things I do here, or look for pats on the back. Just to know that Jesus sees what I do, and He's who I do it all for anyways, that's all I need. That's more than I need!

No comments:
Post a Comment