Sunday, November 8, 2009

Visit to Great Grandpa's

A few weeks ago, we went to visit my Grandpa Cooke (my dad's dad) for his birthday. It was me, the kids, my mom, my sister Sarah, and her little guy Dallas. It was a very nice visit- we only stayed for maybe ten minutes, which was just long enough before my kids just took over his place. My grandpa hadn't ever seen Dallas, so this was a cool first for him. He was very happy to see us, and said he had a feeling we might come by. He's getting older, and has lost almost all of his vision. That makes it so hard for him I'm sure. But he seemed to be doing pretty good, and in good spirits. He's living in an assisted living apartment, and it's very nice. He does aerobics a few times a week, and it's a good thing because as we were leaving, Dane literally jumped into his arms to give him a hug good-bye. My grandpa's still got it! :) Here are a few pictures from our visit with him.

My grandma passed away when I was in high school, and then he remarried a lovely woman named Clara. They had some great years together, and then she got cancer and passed away 4 years ago. Life since then I think has been lonely for him. My Uncle Cameron and Aunt Kim live near him and see him a lot. And my dad meets him for dinner each Wednesday evening. He's a very sweet man, and I love him!

Here he is with all 4 of his great grandchildren!
This is him and Dane having some sort of conversation- I can only guess what Dane was saying. :)
Grandpa holding Dallas for the first time, and Dane helping. :)
Grandpa, Sarah, and Dallas

No comments: