Sunday, March 1, 2009
I make you happy
Dane loves to make people happy. I think that is one of his favorite things in life. To see people smile and help them enjoy life. What a cool thing. Seriously, I'm so thankful that God made people like Dane and Zach, who just thrive on helping people to be happy, and encouraging them. It's so sweet. I'm so grateful for people like Teda and me, because if there were only people like Dane and Zach, not much would get done. :) Last night, when I was putting the kids to bed, Dane said, "You be sad, and I make you happy." He was asking me to pretend to cry and be sad, and then he showed me what he would do (shriek and smile real big) to make me happy again. So I did. I pretended to cry, and then he let out this squeal with a big smile, and I cracked up laughing. And I saw the sweetest look on his face- total satisfaction, contentment, and excitement in knowing that he helped me go from being "sad" to being happy. So we did it again, and again, and again. We probably did that ten times in a row, and honestly I could've done it all night. It just warmed my heart watching him in his element. I believe that is his purpose right now, to bring joy and happiness to others. I love that right now the gifts that God gave him are so obvious because nothing has clouded them over yet.... life hasn't really "happened" to him, so that things get more complicated. Things are so simple, and so straight forward for him. That is such a huge reason that I'm so thankful for having children- there is so very much to learn from them. They don't know to worry, to analyze, to overthink things. They just go with their instincts, and do what they were naturally made to do. It's awesome. Being a stay at home mom is like being in school all day long- and my subjects are my kids. So often I forget that, and tonight, it's so clear. I have so much to learn from them! And they don't even know it!!! :)
Labels:
Dane,
Lisa's thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment