Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Long Week

I know it's been almost a week since I've posted anything, and I've been trying to think of something fun and exciting to write, to make our lives sound super fun. I'm not coming up with anything right now. Not much happened really this week. The kids got little colds, and Teda's went right to her chest, so she missed preschool on Thursday. Bummer because I was scheduled to volunteer in her class, which I still did, but I missed having her in there. And she was so bummed that she couldn't come. I just don't ever know when do you keep your kids from things like church or school, and when do you let them go? She didn't have a fever, no runny nose, just a cough that I'm wondering if it was allergies or something. But I couldn't have been sure, so I kept her home. She's missed SO much school because I don't want her to get the other kids sick. But maybe there are times when it's okay to send her? I have no idea. Anyways, now Jett has a little cold too. He's coughing and has a runny nose. I think I should keep him home from church tonight. Which is such a bummer because then I have to miss church too. If I kept the kids home every time they had anything, I'd be a prisoner in my own home! How can some kids go their whole lives without missing a day of school? They must've been sent to school a few times with sicknesses. Or maybe those kids just had really good immune systems. I don't know.

I've been totally unmotivated to do housework this week, to exercise, to have my quiet time, to really do much of anything. This week has been a struggle for me. I feel totally unorganized, and cluttered. I'm almost finished with our taxes, thankfully! And all I want to do is eat. Yikes. No, I'm not pregnant. I thought I was a few weeks ago, but found out that I'm not! I actually was a little sad when I found out, but who am I kidding. Three kids is so much- and it's not just three kids, it's all the other stuff that goes with it- the laundry piled high (and the load that I've rewashed three times this week), the dishes, the whining, the bills, the clutter, just the overwhelmingness of it all. I told Zach this morning I told Zach that I just want to go away for a week all by myself. I feel so invaded lately, and I'm so quick to get frustrated and annoyed. No personal space is getting old. I know this is totally the wrong attitude and way to be. These kids are so sweet and so special. I love them so much, and I'm so thankful for them. It's just a tough week. Tomorrow is a new day. Right? Right.

I'm thankful that God is so full of grace for me, because I am in so much need of it. I need to be giving it as much as I'm getting it. Hmmm, something for me to think about the next time I get frustrated.

No comments: