WARNING, this post has the word poop in it a lot, so if that's gross to you, don't read on! :)
It finally happened... Dane pooped on the potty! He has not wanted to at ALL, and in the last few days I've just been so tired of changing him. He's 2 yrs and 7 months old now, and Zach and I decided we'd give this potty training thing a go, again. We don't really push it, and try and make our kids go on the potty. To me, if they're peeing and pooping on the floor a lot, they aren't ready. That's totally just my take on it. Not to mention, I don't want to clean that stuff up. That's one of the most disgusting things I can think of. Nothing like cleaning up your son's poop off the floor. So when he was doing that a while back, we put the exciting underwears away. Well, we took them out again three days ago. The last two days, he's just worn them in the mornings because we've had somewhere to go in the afternoons. And, I put them on him after he pooped, so I haven't had to deal with that yet. Until today.
Right off the bat, I put him in underwear, knowing we'd have to figure out this poop thing at some point. So I watched him as close as I could, and we even carried the little potty outside with us when we played out there (because in the past, after watching him, the poop seems to sneak up on him like a little thief... not like some other kids who seem to know it's coming). While we were out there, he thought he had to go a few times- I saw him stop and hold his bottom like maybe something came out... but nothing. So I'm wondering why it's taking so long, and just know it's going to come at any time now. 11am hits, and it's time to get Jett up.
So I'm feeding him in the high chair, and Dane went into the bedroom to play, and I didn't hear much from him for a few minutes. So I called for him and asked if he needed to go... he right away said, "No I don't!" So I asked him to come see me, just so he could look in my eyes and say he didn't have to go (I'm finding he's more honest and listens way better when he's looking in my eyes), so he reluctantly came running into the kitchen. He was holding his bottom, uh oh I thought. I missed it. He started to take off his underwear, and he hadn't gone yet! I had the potty in the family room, so I had him sit on it, and he didn't protest, which he usually does when it comes to poop. Woah, this may be it, I thought. So I had Teda go and get the wipes and a book for him to look at. He looked at the book for about 10 minutes, I'd say. And then it happened- he did it! Teda and I knew he was doing it, and we were cheering him on. And after he did it, he looked in the little potty at it, and was so proud! He told me that his poop was "Big up the sky" as he reached into the air. Pretty funny.
Then we had a "Poop Party" for him- we had a little bit of lemonade and two m&m's to celebrate the occasion. Teda had him chanting, "No more diapers for Dane!" It was classic, and perfect for our little boy who to him, everyday is a party, and there is always room for a celebration. We then called daddy, and Dane told him what he did. When I called, I told him, "We have something to tell you", and Zach said he knew right away why we called. Pretty cool!
Now we just have to keep this going, because there is no way I can keep on starting this all over again. So I won't be going anywhere for the next few days so we can really work on this potty training thing. Pretty exciting stuff! That's the excitement for today with us. Who would've thought before kids that this would be the excitement in my week. But it totally is, and I love it!


No comments:
Post a Comment