On Sunday afternoon, we had Teda's birthday party. A few weeks ago, I asked her what she thought she might like for a party, and she picked out a guitar cake that she saw in Family Fun magazine. So she decided she wanted that cake, pink lemonade to drink, strawberries, apples, kiwi, grapes, and cheese to eat. And we decided to have it at the park. She wanted mostly family to come, and a few girlfriends that she plays with pretty regularly. I thought this guitar cake was going to be so hard to make, but it wasn't that bad! The preparation for the party was fun for Teda, I think. We went to the dollar store and picked out a few things that the kids could take home with them- little rockstar sunglasses, necklaces, and punch balls- those balloon thingies that you hit. So we all met at the park across the street from our house, and it was great. The weather was perfect, and I think Teda had a blast. I loved the chillness (is that a word?) of just hanging out at the park. We really didn't do anything, we just ate, talked, opened gifts, and played on the playground. Back to the basics- it's so nice! I'll be getting some pics up on here really soon from the party. As we were on our way home, Teda said, "I had a good party." Score! :)


1 comment:
wow!!! what a great party!!! happy late 4th bday teda!!!! we love you!
Post a Comment