Friday, March 20, 2009

To Be a Fly On the Wall

If you were a fly on the wall today, this may have been a little of what you heard...
In the car, Teda- "Mom, do we have a magnifying (struggled with that word, can't remember exactly how it came out- it was about 6 or 7 syllables though) glass?"
Me- "Why?"
Teda- "My sister is VERY tiny. I can't see her unless I have a magnifying glass."
Note: I'm not sure if I've said this yet on here, but Teda has "sisters". A lot of them. Last count was 8. They're her imaginary friends. They have different names each time. Most of them names that are made up by her. It's so funny! But I can't laugh because it's very serious for her- she's for real about it! She's so imaginative and creative. Her sisters usually do things that we've told her she can't do, and she's sure to tell us that her sister's mom or dad said she could. It's cute.

Here's another one....
Teda- "Mom, my sister threw her medicine in the trash!"
Me- "Oh really?"
Dane- "Mom, my boy threw the sugar in the flour!" followed by a big belly laugh
Me- laughing
I know why he said this- my mom has been telling the kids stories about when my sisters and I were little, and one of the stories was about Julie when she was little. She poured all the sugar and flour on the kitchen floor, maybe trying to make cookies. And the kids LOVE that story. And my mom came in and said, "Julie, what are you doing?" They crack up at that part. So that's why Dane said that I think, and also he has an imaginary friend because Teda does.

Oh, here's a good one. Here are things Teda and Dane said to each other over the course of a day a few weeks ago.
Teda: "Dane, if you don't stop, I'm going to go in my room and sleep all the days!"
Dane: "No you don't!"
Teda: "Dane, if you don't stop, I'm going to hit my sister!"
Dane: "Don't do dat!"
Teda: "Yes I am!"
Pretty funny. I wish I could tape record all their conversations together- some of them are absolutely hilarious. I need to keep track of them to put some more on here. I'll do that!

No comments: