Friday, March 27, 2009

Jett On Steroids

So last week I had to take Jett to the dr because he had a 104.2 degree fever. Crazy huh. We called my cousin Beth and asked her what to do- she's a pediatric nurse, and she said to give him motrin and hopefully it will kick it down enough to wait until morning to to take him to the dr. She thought he may have an ear infection. Well we took him in the next morning, and he had a really bad ear infection, bronchiolitis, and she said he's teething also. Poor kid. So he had to be put on steroids (again, he just had to do that at the end of January), antibiotics for his ear infection, and breathing treatments. Ugh. The last time we did steroids was not cool- Teda and Jett both had to take them, and Teda was a total bear. She was SO aggressive, hungry, and mean. And when she hugged and kissed me, she did it SO hard. It was so bizarre- and I couldn't place why she was acting this way until my mom said maybe it's the steroids. Of course! She would be fine one minute, then a fit the next- up and down mood swings for over a week. She literally growled a LOT, to where she even growled so loud and mean at Dane in the car that Dane said, "That not right." He was right, it just wasn't right at all- steroids makes my kids crazy. Just like the real stuff with guys- it does it to kids too! I had no idea. So anyways, that's why I was really hesitant to do steroids with Jett again. The dr explained that it was pretty necessary for the inflamation in his lungs, so I reluctantly agreed to it.

So it totally made him crazy too. I didn't notice him as much his last round because I was so focused on what it was making Teda do. Well this time, I noticed that Jett growled a lot too! When he woke up (a lot at night), he would pop up out of bed, stand up, grab the bars of the crib and do this growl scream thing, and so loud! So in order to keep the other two asleep, we jumped out of bed too to get him up. It's been a crazy week, and we've not had restful nights. But I know this just happens. And during the day, he was super hungry too. And when he played, he did these extra aggressive (moreso for Jett than normal) grunts. We did get it on video, and I'm glad for that. I don't want to forget that! We're still feeling the effects of him being sick, even though it's been 10 days since the first dr. visit. He's still getting up at night, I think he's formed a little habit of it. And it's so hard for me to listen to him cry that I crack and get him up. Zach has always been the strong one, trying to keep me in bed and let him cry it out. I need to just suck it up and let him cry it out so that we can all start sleeping again at night. Anyways, that's how Jett has been doing. I'm glad this sick season is almost over! The dr said it usually ends at the end of March- thankfully!

Zach took this picture while I was giving Jett one of his breathing treatments. He would either sit through them or scream and kick through them- this was one of the calm ones. Teda is so sweet- she was there to give Jett some love and support- thats what she loves to do. So sweet! And if you look close, Dane is in the background eating his breakfast. :)

No comments: